Yesterday we headed out to the fairgrounds to see over 2500+ pre-1972 vehicles at the Good Guys car show. We didn’t get to see all the cars but we sure did enjoy ourselves for the 5 hours we were there. Enjoy!
I headed to work this morning while Isabel headed to the church for VBS.
Afterward, she said they didn’t do much for their last day. There was no craft time and no outdoor game time either. They did…
- watched the last episode of “Chadder the Chipmunk”. Isabel said the bad guy got arrested because he kept making people do dangerous things
- “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9 – today’s Bible verse
- she got to fly her paper airplane that she and Daddy made last night! However she didn’t win, someone else’s plane went further then her plane
- the Bible story today was Jesus makes a beach side breakfast for his friends (Matthew 21:1-14) – No matter where you are… trust God!
VBS theme songs
“Indescribable” – she’s heard this song on the radio!
“Our God” – she’s heard this one on the radio too!
“Nothing Could Keep Me From You”
She had a great week at VBS and enjoyed seeing friends and meeting new ones.
Back in May I had written about our backyard.
Well, after a period of drying out and then adding some organic soil, lime, fertilizer, and grass seed, we finally have a green lawn again and not a pond. There are still a few patchy spots but those will hopefully fill in over time. Gino also found a organic product that is top rated at breaking up clay in the soil, so he will apply that to the yard in the fall and then again in the spring.
The morning started out foggy (of all things in summer!) and turned into a gorgeous warm day and it was another fun day at VBS today!
- the Bible story Jesus dies and rose again (watched a video – NOT the one below) (Matthew 27:32-28:20) – No matter what happens… trust God!
“Christ Arose” – VBS theme song!
- “And I am convinced that nothing can seperate us from God’s love.” Romans 8:38 – Bible verse for today
- colored flutter-flies (or buddy fly) and got to bring it home!
- had yummy strawberries with a maple/chocolate dip
- played a game with balls and paper airplanes
- had another water noodle fight (I think this is her favorite game)
- watched the “Chadder the Chipmunk” video (really short)
- sang the VBS theme songs: “Counting on God”, “You, You, You”, “Fly!”, “I’ll Fly Away”, and “Christ Arose” (Isabel loves these songs!!!)
- and another paper airplane contest (Isabel wants to win the prize so bad!).
The buddy fly or flutter fly that she decorated.
Wind up the rubber band 40X’s and then let it go… it flutters like a butterfly!
VBS theme songs
“You, You, You”
“Fly” – I like this one but they are all great!
“I’ll Fly Away”
“Momma” she said, “This is an old song.”
“Counting on God”
Tomorrow is the last day of VBS (so sad to see it end) and tomorrow night is a small closing program. Tonight Gino and Isabel worked on making a paper airplane so she could enter the contest. They worked for about an hour on making it just perfect and then practiced learning to fly it! She was getting good at, hopefully she remembers all the tips Daddy gave her and she flies it far, straight, and has lots of fun doing it!!!
Can’t wait to hear all about it!…
Isabel was all excited when we left VBS yesterday.
They did so much like…
- had a water noodle war
- “But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles.” (Isaiah 40:31) – the Bible verse for yesterday
- played a water game – set a beach ball on your head, several feet away, someone throws a wet beach ball at you trying to knock the ball off your head (she got wet!)
- they had root beer floats (with lots of ice cream!) and root beer candy too
- heard a Bible (Matthew 26:31 – 27:31) story about Jesus getting arrested and put on trail – “No matter what people do… you can trust God” (Amen!)
- watched episode 3 of “Chadder the Chipmunk”
- she got a tube-a-loon!
- they had another paper airplane contest
With her tube-a-loon (it has the days verse printed on the tube)!
We played with this all afternoon!
“But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.” (Isaiah 40:31)
“No Matter How I Feel” – VBS theme song!
Heading out to day 3 of VBS… until tomorrow.
Today is day 2 of Vacation Bible School (VBS).
Isabel is still coming up with stories to tell us about yesterday and all the fun she had. Like…
- the blue JellO hearts with whipped cream and a strawberry on top
- “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God.” (John 14:1) the Bible verse for today
- the paper airplane contest they had
- the tug of war game they played. She said she won.
- heard a Bible (John 11) story about Jesus bringing Lazarus back to life –
“No matter how you feel… trust God” and “No matter who you are… trust God”
- she got to see Lillianna (from her preschool class!) – Lillianna didn’t remember Isabel and she asked Isabel “how do you know my name?”
- the science experiment they did outside that “exploded”
- the 15 year old boy (helper) that can’t count to 347 like Isabel – and “Momma he’s 15 and I’m only 6!”
- the 2 episodes with “Chadder the Chipmunk” she got to watch about trusting God
- the cool necklace she got to make and bring home…
Her cool dog tag necklace.
“We Can Trust Him” one of the VBS theme songs.
She definitely had a fun time yesterday and I can’t wait to hear all about today!
Heading to day 2 of VBS… until tomorrow.
Isabel loves playing with my hair and I love her playing with my hair.
Today’s hairdo was her version from a certain Disney movie from 2010. Enjoy!
My “Tangled” inspired hairdo.
Thank you Isabel, I love it.
Throughout the summer, we’ve been doing homework. At the end of the school year, Mrs. Boettcher gave out a huge stack of paperwork and then I have workbooks that I’ve purchased just for summer time homework as well. Today’s lesson was mostly focused on math with some writing.
We worked on greater then and less then, counting/writing numbers 1-30, spelling simple words, addition, and learning spheres, cones, and cylinders. I added a few photos below. Enjoy!
Spelling simple 3-letter words.
Spelling number words.
Beautiful job on the dot-to-dot!
Problem solving with simple addition.
Learning what a cone, cylinder, and sphere are.
She was a bit confused at first so afterward I had her run around the house finding as many cones, cylinders, and spheres as she could find. I didn’t think she would be able to find the cone shape but she surprised me with all the items she found and brought back to the table.
All the items she found in our shape game. Great job!
Later in the afternoon she did a watercolor picture of a “cone” shaped volcano erupting with a forest fire burning in the background! I love it!!